2018-09-06

At the hospital ... 

  I accompanied my father to conduct a surgical operation at Hebron Governmental Hospital. After he had conducted it with the attendance of my sister´s husband watched the surgery as is a cardiologist, I slept over there in the same room where he lied down in the white bed surrounded by other patients, including their companions.
First of all, I should praise the moments spent there given to the strength this short experience gave me. It taught me that I should be always thankful to God for all the graces and the good health after exploring how many patients are suffering different sorts of illnesses, even some are chronic leave the patients with permanent effect. 
During that night, I took care of my father by facilitating his movement despite the pains, and with preparing meals. It was interesting to do something related to nursing job, I helped with changing a plastic pot on the ground was being filled up with urine mixed up with blood leaking out of his bladder through slim tubes, including antibiotic liquid in plastic sacks were hung up on rack, which was seeping into his body through these tubes, too, from above. 
I looked at myself putting on gloves and imaged whether would have been the suitable job to me being a nurse. Why not, I used to read and learn about people suffering intolerable conditions; I used to approach them trying to experience what they are experiencing, though. 
It's enough to say, my work in the human rights field gave me an impetus to explore more, I catch up with reports and analyses come out of HRW and Amnesty International's platforms that cover up this matter around the globe. 
Indeed, looking at how other people suffering from all sorts of pains, is the antibiotic itself for us as it teaches us that what we are suffering from is nothing compared to what other people are having in their daily lives.   
Imagine that you don't have a guarantee that tomorrow you'll find food or not! Imagine that you don't have a guarantee that tomorrow is promising or not to keep on living safely! so on and so forth, as the list of all sorts of suffering is endless.
Anyhow, I enjoyed chatting with patients and making some jokes, then I spent the rest of the time reading my novel "Tale of Tala," which was about to be finished.
While sitting down reading my book, two companions stared down at me and began whispering, "Do observe that guy all the time catching that English-written book reading without any pause? If he pauses to help his father with something, he straight away goes back to that book!"
They didn't have an idea that I heard them say so, but I intentionally ignored them and kept staring into my book. But, really was a joyful moment hearing this, which reflected kind of respect from them. Moreover, it showed an indication to the extent that those persons probably had rarely seen nerd people in our society.  Indeed, and sadly, the percentage of readers in my society isn't promising, that's why the intellectual movement has been shrinking. The number of writers or authors are decreasing as well, to the degree that people became careless about the new authors by supposedly backing them up, reading their intellectual products ... etc.
The next day, one of those persons, had his curiosity stirred him up then approached me saying and looking at the book, "What are you reading?"
I said it's a novel written by a Palestinian writer I had brought with to ensure that my free time here isn't wasted. 
Shortly afterward, he looked up to me and left even without asking his next question.
In the other room, there were two policemen guarding a wounded guy around the clock. He had been captured dealing with people using fake money. He was seriously injured after running away from the police vehicle while driving speedily on the highway. I felt sorry for him to end up like this, and wished that such gangsters would think well and stop committing crimes before ending up as such. 
Anyway, it was an interesting experience introduced to me how proud I must be of our medical staff! Palestine has a really amazing and well-qualified medical cadre in all fields of medicine working tirelessly under challenging circumstances in order to provide patients with aid perfectly. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 24.04.2024